If you want your bedroom to exude a cool and fresh vibe, then you should consider coastal style bedroom furniture and accents. This type of furniture has a seaside theme comprising of the right blend of calming and soothing colors, finishing, texture, and style for creating a coastal vibe. You can buy the furniture as individual pieces or complete sets comprising of a bed, headboard, footboard, rails, and nightstands.
Things to take into consideration when buying coastal bedroom furniture are:
- Color: The first thing to consider is the color of the furniture for your bedroom; choose a coastal color palette i.e. ocean blue, seafoam green/minty green, coral, white, sandy brown, driftwood grey, etc. The right color palette will act as the perfect base for every other item in the room e.g. items of decor, curtains, lighting, area rugs, etc. For instance, invest in furniture with a neutral and cool color with a whitewash finish, distressed wood look, rustic touch, and brass-tone hardware.
- Patterns: Include coastal patterns in your bedroom in the form of rugs and upholstery consisting of stripes (pinstripes and thick stripes), coral patterns, and nautical patterns (in the form of wall art, fabric prints, and decorative accessories).
- Coastal Style Elements: There are some style elements that can be used to create a coastal vibe in your bedroom. These include furniture items made of wicker, glass accessories, plank-style detailing, sea glass accents, driftwood decor (lamps and frames) and rope/natural fiber accents for a nautical touch (curtain ties, rope baskets).
- Other Essentials: Apart from furniture, many other furnishings can contribute towards creating the perfect coastal bedroom vibe. These are sheer curtains, pendant lights, vases and jars, accent mirrors, coastal items of decor (seashells, anchors, seagulls, fish, etc.), a gallery wall consisting of coastal wall art, sculptures, ocean-themed bookends, sheets, quilts, duvet covers and a soft weave throw for a touch of luxury.
- Furniture For A Coastal Bedroom: Examples of furniture and other items for a coastal-themed bedroom are clean-lined panel beds, chest of drawers, dressers with classic styling and rustic touch, a storage bench with a hinged flip-top seat, nightstands made of wood with classic paneling, textured distressing and a vintage appeal, a handmade tassel design pouf, an ottoman with a slipcover look and skirt styling. Also, an accent chair with a linen weave texture or heavy distressing and nail-head trim can be used for creating a reading nook.
Ashley HomeStore offers coastal style bedroom furniture to its customers. The furniture includes vintage styled nightstands, classic-touch panel beds, etc. For more details on how to choose coastal bedroom furniture, visit Ashley HomeStore at 2301 Imperial Drive, Killeen, TX – 76541. You can also call at (254) 690 – 8721.