How do you know whether your sofa needs to be replaced? Well, there is no “set-in-stone” criteria to know the right time to swap your old sofa for a new one, but there are some signs to watch out for. Some replace an existing sofa when they are redecorating their homes, while others do it at the slightest sign of a tear or minor damage.
Listed below are some tell-tale signs for the need to replace a sofa and buy a new one:
- Flat Cushions: It’s time to replace your sofa when its cushions look and feel flat. Flattened cushions that let you sink into the couch when you sit indicate extensive usage. They are no longer comfortable and can negatively affect your body posture.
- Dull Color: If the color of your sofa has faded to a duller version of the original color, it is a sign that your sofa has served you for many years and needs a replacement before the damage spreads to other parts.
- Fraying Fabric: Frays and fringes can be temporarily controlled by snipping them away but as time passes, the damage can be widespread and it is a sign that your sofa needs replacement.
- Visible Stains: You can wipe off stains and spills with the help of upholstery fabric cleaners or turn over your cushions to conceal spots but as the time passes it may become tough to get rid of the remnants of the stains on your couch. It is time to replace your stained couch when the stains are stubborn enough to almost form a pattern on your couch.
- Creaking Couches: Your sofa is in its last stage if it creaks, pops or squeaks each time you sit on it or shift your weight. Creaking is a sign of a failing support structure and problems with the joints of its frames or weakened springs. Continuing to use a creaking sofa may result in broken frame or cause injury.
- Change Of Style And Taste: It is time to replace an old sofa with a new one if you are redecorating your home or if your sense of style has undergone a change. Also, you may consider a replacement if you have bought new pieces of furniture, repainted your home or simply want your living room to look different.
- Odors: Over time couches may develop odors as a result of factors like pets, leaky diapers, sweat, moisture in the environment, etc. If your room does not smell fresh even after vacuuming and steam cleaning your sofas or the fabric of the sofa feels itchy when you sit on it (due to bugs), it is time to get a new sofa.
Ashley HomeStore offers a wide range of sofas that match an array of décor styles and exhibit durable craftsmanship. To know more sofas in Killeen, call at (254) 634 – 5900. You can also visit 1101 South W S Young Drive Killeen, TX – 76543.