A coffee table is the focal point of a living room. It is very important for it to be in sync with the décor, size, wall color and furniture of the room. Choosing the right coffee table takes some time and energy as one has to choose the best option from a wide variety of coffee tables made from different materials, shapes and features. The following is a guide consisting of some helpful clues to help you make a wise decision when purchasing one.
- Size Of The Room: When on lookout for a coffee table, the most important consideration should be the size of your living room and the space occupied by sofas and chairs. The distance between the coffee table and the furniture in the room should be such that it is easy for people to move around easily.
- Budget: Once you have decided on the right size for your coffee table, the next step is to determine how much you are able and willing to spend on it. This helps you shortlist a few tables from the lot. There’s a decent coffee table for every budget out there.
- Purpose: What do you need the coffee table for? Some might want one with ample storage space underneath. There are some who would love coffee tables which add to the aesthetics and beauty of a room. Make sure that the coffee table you purchase fits your purpose.
- Children: Kids will be kids. They will run around, touch the tables and furniture with their dirty hands, and throw things around. So if you have kids in the house, the choice of a coffee table for your living room should be a practical and sturdy one that’s easy to clean. Avoid glass tables at all costs as they are fingerprint magnets and scratch easily. Stay away from tables with sharp corners.
- Type Of Room: Coffee tables are meant for both living rooms and family rooms. If you intend to get one for the living room, you can safely opt for a delicate formal looking one. However, for the family room, a sturdier one with storage options and an easy to clean surface is the best choice.
- Material: There’s a lot to choose from when it comes to material. Wood is a common choice for many, however there are many more options that are easier to maintain and look great too. These include glass, acrylic, stone, leather and metal.
Ashley HomeStore provides a variety of furniture items. We are located at 1101 South W S Young Drive, Killeen, TX 76543 or call us at (254) 634 – 5900.