If you love to entertain your guests in style and panache, an in-house bar can solve your purpose. It can also serve as a corner where you may find solace at the end of a busy day. So, choose the right furniture to reflect your personal style as well as add to the personality and atmosphere of the nook.
Following are some points that should be considered when purchasing furniture for a home bar:
- The Style Of Your Home Bar: The first thing to consider when buying furniture for your in-house bar is the look and style that you want to create. The two most common styles are the modern or traditional style bar. If you want to create a modern home bar, opt for furniture pieces with smooth and clean lines. However, furniture items with clean edges and accents add character to a traditional set-up.
- Seating: Elegant and sturdy bar stools or bar chairs are a great seating choice for your in-house bar. The ideal height of the stools should allow 9 to 12 inches space between stool-top and surface of the bar counter.
- Number Of Bar Stools Required: The number of bar stools to be placed at your home bar station will depend on the length of your bar counter and the width of each stool. Also, consider the number of people that can be easily accommodated around the counter without making the bar look congested.
- Your Personal Style And Comfort Level: Your personal style and desired comfort level also play an important role in the choice of furniture for your home bar. If you want to create a cozy corner to relax, then upholstered furniture like leather bar stools or chairs with high backs are a good choice. But if comfort is not a priority for you, then bar stools with impressive rears, colored vinyl, low backs and a sleek look will impart a trendy look to your in-house bar.
- Bar Tables: Bar tables are usually taller and narrower as compared to a dining table. When purchasing a bar table, make sure that the height of the table and bar stools/chairs complements each other. Choose a bar table that has a durable and easy to clean, non-slick top. You can also opt for pub sets to avoid the hassle of matching bar table and seating options.
- Liquor Cabinets: It is advisable to invest in an elegant liquor cabinet for your drinks and tools such as mixing pints, shaking tins & strainers. A good cabinet looks impressive and adds some drama to the bar.
To know more about bar furniture in Killeen, call Ashley HomeStore at (254) 634- 5900. You can visit the store at 1101 South W S Young Drive Killeen, TX- 76543.