A guest room should be furnished in a way that it is both comfortable as well as visually appealing. However, while furnishing the room, you should focus on enhancing the experience of your guest and making it as smooth as possible.
Following are some noteworthy points to help you create a lasting impression on family and friends staying over:
- Start With The Bed: Bed and bedding are one of the most important aspects of furnishing in a guest room. A comfortable and sturdy bed with soft sheets, fluffy pillows & a high quality durable mattress is a must. Invest in a good quality bed and pay attention to the headboard, finishing as well as the material used. Mattresses with a spring system are a good choice for guest rooms as they are supportive and durable. Also, choose a bedding that blends with the color palette of the room.
- Get Bedside Tables: Bedside tables are must-haves in a guest room. They are versatile pieces of furniture that complete the look of the room as well as offer extra storage for placing items of daily use, books, bedside lamps and more.
- Create A Dressing Area: Your guests will appreciate a spot for dressing up. So, invest in a good dresser with a mirror and drawer. In fact, if your guest room does not have cupboards; a good dresser can act as a functional piece of furniture that caters to the storage needs of your guests.
- Chest Of Drawers: A fine chest of drawers is a great alternative to a huge cupboard for storing clothes and accessories. It takes less space yet offers a lot of storage area.
- Add An Extra Seat: Place a nice accent chair in the guest room. This thoughtful gesture will provide your guests with a refreshing change to sit and read a book or enjoy music. Also, an accent chair adds color and texture to the room.
- Consider Bedside Lighting: Brighten up your guest room by placing simple yet elegant bed-side lamps. In addition to looking attractive, they add a touch of warmth and coziness to the room. Lamps with fabric drum shades are a good choice for your guest room.
- Throw In A Few Extras: Other than the usual bedding, you can add a few interesting elements such as colorful pillows, rugs and candle holders. You can also place a beautiful accent bowl on the bedside table with fruits or snacks for your guest to munch on. Such bowls can even be used by your guest for placing items of jewelry, a watch, etc. at bedtime.
For more information on furniture for your guest room, feel free to visit Ashley HomeStore at 1101 South W S Young Drive Killeen, TX- 76543. You can also call us at (254) 634-5900.