Placing a nightstand or side table beside your kid’s bed is a simple yet important step. Nightstands and side tables not only create a sense of symmetry and balance in a room but also act as functional pieces of furniture that serve a variety of purposes. They can be used as storage options and as bases to place night lamps. However, it is important to be considerate while choosing a side table and night stand for your kid’s room.
Some of the important points to consider when choosing a nightstand or side table for your child’s room are:
- Dimensions: The height of a nightstand should be as high as the top of a mattress to be functional and to look aesthetic. Keep in mind the width of bed and space between bed and walls to choose adequate width of the side table or night stand. Also, keep in mind that nightstands should be placed a few inches away from a bed so as to leave room for blankets and sheets.
- Storage: Determine your child’s storage needs before purchasing a nightstand or side table. If your child needs ample space for things like books, digital accessories or accent pieces like a lamp or bedside clock; invest in a nightstand with suitable storage options such as drawers and open shelves. If there is no requirement for storage, you can opt for a sleeker nightstand with open construction and a single or no drawer.
- Surface Area: Ensure that the area on the tabletop will suffice your child’s requirements as far as convenient placement of objects is concerned. Smaller kids may require less space but grown-up kids prefer more surface area to showcase frames or other decorative items.
- Materials: The material of a nightstand for kids should be easy to clean and harmless in all respects. Commonly used materials for kids’ nightstands and side tables are wood, metal/hammered metal, marble table-tops, laminated particle board, etc. The material used should be of high quality in order to be free of issues like cracks, scratches, moisture, etc.
- Uniformity: Aim to create a sense of uniformity in your child’s room by matching the nightstands with the rest of the furniture e.g. bed, dresser, etc. You can also create an interesting look in your child’s room by investing in nightstands that do not perfectly match with the rest of the furniture but add a quirky touch to them e.g. different material or texture, etc.
- Color: The color of the nightstand should complement the rest of the room in terms of color palette. Smaller rooms look bigger with light-colored furniture whereas bigger rooms look cozier with darker furniture.
- Style: There are a variety of nightstand styles to choose from depending on the look you want to create. For kids, it is suitable to go with simple styles consisting of minimal storage, straight lines, non-toxic finishing and features like smooth-gliding drawers, etc.
Ashley HomeStore offers modern kids room furniture in a variety of sizes and styles to fit the desired style. The store offers stylish side tables and nightstands for kids’ rooms. For further details on choosing side table and nightstand for a kid’s room, visit us at 1101 South W S Young Drive, Killeen, TX – 76543. You can also contact us at (254) 634 – 5900.