Table lamps are an amazing way of infusing an element of warmth, style, and functionality to any space; provided they are chosen with thorough consideration. They are available in different shapes, sizes, and styles to blend with a variety of room decor styles.
If you want to incorporate this beautiful home accent into your space, following tips might help:
- The Right Spot: First and foremost, pick the right spot for your lamp. Based on this, determine the appropriate height, width, and pattern of the table lamp.
- The Right Number: Do not go overboard with the number of lamps in a room. If a room has plenty of natural light, opt for fewer table lamps and vice-versa. Also, make sure that the number of table lamps in a room should create symmetry and aesthetic appeal.
- The Right Style: To choose the right style of a table lamp, consider the look and feel of your room. If it has a modern look, a table lamp with sharp lines made of metallic materials or glass will be perfect. On the other hand, for a traditional looking room, lamps with classic details will look better. The style of a lamp is dependent on its base i.e. cylindrical, rectangular, round, and more.
- Purpose: Table lamps are not the main lighting options of a room but supplementary lighting options. They brighten a room by infusing extra light into it as and when needed. They can be used in rooms with dark shadows, entertainment rooms and as reading light. So choose a table lamp based on the purpose you want it to fulfill.
- Shade Height: For a table lamp to be perfect, determine the height of its shade as per the place it is going to be placed on and your eye level when sitting next to it.
- Shade Style: When choosing a lamp, the style of its shade should be in sync with the purpose you need it for. For example, if you want a lamp for reading, the shade should be semi-opaque whereas for a TV room, it should be opaque.
- The Right Color: The color of a lamp should complement its backdrop in order to stand out. For example, if the backdrop is a neutral one, choose a brightly colored lamp or one with gold, metallic, copper or silver sequined finishing. For a busy or bright background, opt for simpler lamps.
Ashley HomeStore offers a wide variety of table lamps to its customers in Killeen, TX. We also provide a complete range of home furniture and accessories for the living room, bedroom, dining room, kids room, and patio. Visit us at 1101 South W S Young Drive, Killeen, TX – 76543. You can also call at (254) 634 – 5900.