Pet parents need to be cautious while choosing the right furniture for their home. The furniture which is upholstered with fabrics that can withstand spills, stains, fur, crumbs and more can be termed pet-friendly & is a great option for pet parents. So, it is always advisable to choose resilient, strong and easy to clean furniture.
Following is a list of factors to consider when buying pet-friendly furniture:
- Material: The material of your furniture is one of the most important points to consider if you are a pet parent. Avoid furniture with materials that attract pet fur and are difficult to clean. You should choose fabrics that are thick and durable. It is advisable to opt for fabrics that do not absorb stains, can withstand minor scratches, are bacteria-resistant and even repel pet hair. Also, make sure that the material is easy to clean.
- Patterns And Colors: When looking for pet friendly furniture, it is important to pay attention to color and print of the fabric. It is advisable to buy furniture with stain resistant upholstery to prevent damage from pet activity.
- Accessorizing Pet Furniture: Make sure that the accessories for your furniture should also be pet-friendly. They should be resilient, durable and easy to clean & maintain. You can provide an extra layer of protection to the accessories by using covers with zips. This will make it easier for you to take them off, wash and dry. You can also protect the furniture by investing in good quality washable slipcovers. Slip covers that fit the sofa are a better choice than those that are draped over. This will make cleaning and maintaining the furniture an easy process.
- Sturdy Construction: Opt for furniture items that are sturdy, durable and resistant to the usual wear and tear that may be caused by pets. It should be able to withstand pet antics such as digging and scratching. Also, take proper steps to protect your furniture from the damage caused by pets gnawing on the legs of tables, chairs and sofas.
- No Sharp Edges: If you are a pet parent then make sure that your furniture is devoid of sharp edges. It is advisable to choose furniture with round edges to protect your pet from unwanted injuries and accidents.
Ashley HomeStore offers a wide range of pet-friendly furniture for pet parents. To know more, call at (254) 634- 5900. You can also visit the store at 1101 South W S Young Drive Killeen, TX- 76543.