Ottomans are versatile pieces of furniture that double up as seats, footrests and coffee tables. Some even come with additional storage to tuck away clutter and keep rooms tidy. However, it is important to do some research before purchasing an ottoman based on the size of room where you want to place it and other related factors.
Here are some points worth considering, when buying an ottoman:
- Color: If you are interested in an ottoman that will act as a piece of accent furniture for your living room or bedroom, consider buying one with colors and textures that contrast well with the decor of your room. It should have a tinge of colors similar to other pieces of furniture in the room yet lend a distinctive appearance. For a traditional look, the color and texture should completely blend in with that of your pre-existing furniture.
- Features: Clarity about the purpose of buying an ottoman is crucial for making the right choice. If storing away knick-knacks like magazines and remotes is a feature you are interested in, then an ottoman designed to provide ample storage space is ideal. On the other hand, if you want to use the ottoman to add a touch of glam to the room; a stylish rectangular ottoman will do the job. For propping your feet up while relaxing or for adding extra seating at the end of a sofa, hemisphere shaped ottomans are a good choice.
- Size: Just like color, the size of an ottoman will depend on the look you want to create. If you want to create a distinct look, choose an over-sized ottoman that draws attention to itself. However, if you want it to be in harmony with the rest of the room, then go for one that matches the size of other pieces of furniture in the room.
- Budget: Setting a budget prior to purchasing an ottoman will help you decide easily from the vast array of ottomans available in the market. A helpful tip for setting a budget would be to consider the price of furniture that you have. If you have high-end furniture, budget for an upscale ottoman and vice-versa.
- Décor Style Of The Room: It is important for an ottoman to blend in with the existing decor of a room. If your room contains a lot of neutral colors, you can add a pop of color with a bright ottoman. You can also add texture and fun to flat looking rooms by placing an ottoman upholstered with modern fabrics.
- Practicality Around Kids And Pets: If you have kids, pets or both in the house; you should be looking for an ottoman that offers durability in addition to great looks. Opt for an ottoman made from resilient material in darker tones. You can also use ottoman covers that are removable and washable.
To know more about furniture items offered, call at (254) 634- 5900 or visit Ashley HomeStore at 1101 South W S Young Drive Killeen, TX- 76543.