Mattresses come in different styles, brands, models and technologies. Understanding the different styles and types of mattresses helps in making the right choice while purchasing one. Let’s delve deeper into understanding the different mattresses available in the market today.
Size Of Mattresses
Based on the size of your bed, you will have to choose a mattress that fits perfectly. Mattresses come in the following sizes:
- Twin – They are the smallest size, approximately 38 inches wide and 75 inches long.
- Twin XL – These are slightly larger than twin mattresses.
- Full – Also known as a double mattress. It is approximately 54 inches wide and 75 inches in length.
- Queen– Great for couples. It is approximately 60 inches wide and 80 inches in length which makes it a popular choice amongst people.
- King– It is approximately 16 inches wider than a queen size mattress.
Types Of Mattresses
The right type of mattress is the key to a good night’s sleep. Mattresses nowadays cater to every need of the consumer. Whether you are looking for utmost comfort, a bounce, a snug feel or anything else, there is something out there to perfectly fit your requirement as a consumer.
- Gel-Infused – These types of mattresses bounce back to their original form when pressure is released off them. The hollow columns in the mattress improve airflow within the mattress.
- Inner Spring – Comprises of a steel coil support system believed to improve the quality of sleep. The higher the number of coils, the better the quality of sleep.
- Hybrid – These combine two mattress technologies to give the benefit of both. For example innerspring latex hybrid mattresses combine the benefits of both, giving you the antimicrobial properties of latex and the additional support of inner spring.
- Memory Foam – They are one of the most popular mattresses in the market because of the extreme comfort they provide. The mattress contours the body, providing support and comfort specially for side sleepers. After the pressure is released, they slowly restore to their original form. They are durable and long lasting.
- Pillow Top– Several inches of padding are added to the top layer of these mattresses for extreme comfort. They are usually used with inner spring and air mattresses. Also called Euro Top mattresses, they have cooling properties, are easy to bounce back and retain their shape.
- Talalay latex – Made from natural resources, these mattresses are affordable and durable. Tatalay latex increases breathability thus keeping the mattress cooler.
- Wrapped Enclosed Coil – These are superior versions of inner spring mattresses. They provide extreme comfort, focus on reducing motion transfer and don’t make noise.
We, at Ashley HomeStore, provide various styles and types of mattresses. For more information, visit our store 1101 South W S Young Drive, Killeen, TX 76543 or call us at (254) 634 – 5900.