Metallic home decor is a much-loved trend all across the world nowadays. A metallic effect such as gold, copper, chrome, silver, nickel or brass creates a glamorous look. Metals and metallic work can be used on wall paint, accessories and even furniture. Metallic tones blend in with most colors, tints, shades and hues.
Here are some ways with which metallic tones can be used for decorating a room:
- Hardware: You can infuse metallic tones in your room decor by adding metallic handles and doorknobs. Good color choices for this are silver, copper and gold. The knobs can be used on a TV console, dresser, bookcase, etc.
- Artwork: The simplest way to add a metallic effect in a room is by using artwork and decor pieces. A few strategically placed items in gold or silver can significantly change the appearance of a room. However, it is important not to overdo it by considering the size of the room and space available.
- Wall Paint: If you want to create a look that is less subtle, you can consider painting a wall in your room. It will create the effect of a glamorous accent wall and add dimension to the space. If you are in a creative mood, you can also use metallic hues on the ceiling for some drama.
- Furniture: Invest in furniture with metallic tones. For a softer touch and to make the furniture stand out, consider adding textures or mix and match metallic tones. You can use sofas with exposed legs in metallic hues or metallic night stands for a subtle look.
- Textiles: Metallic textiles are the new buzz when it comes to infusing metallic tones in room decor. They instantly create a luxe vibe and are apt for rooms where metallic furniture cannot be used. For example you can use rugs, curtains, throw pillows, table runners, etc. in metallic hues.
- Lighting: Lighting fixtures can also be used to add a metallic element to any room in the house. Good options for lighting fixtures with a metallic effect are hanging lights, table lamps, wall lights, penchant lights, ceiling lights, chandeliers and more. Choose lights with a hint of gold for an elegant look and a cozy atmosphere.
- Shelves: Invest in gold display shelves to show off your finest decor items and add allure to your space. Alternatively, you can use normal shelves with a hint of gold, silver, brass or chrome on the borders or as supports.
- Neutral Palette: When using metallic tones, it is important to keep your room’s color palette subdued. This helps in highlighting the metallic elements without overpowering the room’s color scheme. For a room with modern palettes like blue, white or gray, opt for chrome or stainless steel. For rooms with dark colors like purple, navy or black, brass blends best.
Ashley HomeStore offers complete range of furniture and accessories with metallic tones for furnishing different rooms of a house. For more tips on adding metallic tones to room decor, visit Ashley HomeStore at 1101 South W S Young Drive, Killeen, TX – 76543 or call at (254) 634 – 5900.